Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Albany Tech’s Khalyl Simmons hit a three-pointer with 50 seconds left in regulation to break a 51-51 tie, and the Titans held on to defeat South Georgia State College 54-53.
Both halves were a defensive struggle with neither team shooting above 40 percent from the field. The Hawks (18-7, 7-4) hit two three-pointers the entire game and attempted only one free throw in the second half.
SGSC led 28-23 at halftime and stretched the lead to 43-29 midway through the second half. The Titans outscored the Hawks 20-6 over a seven-minute stretch to tie the game 49-49 with 3:06 remaining in regulation.
Turahn Thompson led SGSC with 15 points, 11 rebounds, and three assists. Malik Crawford had 12 points, while Zae Wiggins finished with 10 points, six assists, and two steals.
SGSC travels to Central Georgia Tech Saturday and will return to Waycross Thursday, Feb. 17 to play Georgia Highlands. Tip for the Feb. 17 game is set for 7 p.m. General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- A fresh brew: SGSC welcomes Starbucks to campus
- SGSC, Wiregrass, and Coastal Pines sign agreements expanding core curriculum opportunities
- SGSC sweeps Applebee's Classic, Davis named Player of the Week
- Georgia conservationists meet in Waycross to protect the okefenokee from mining
- SGSC Theatre Productions presents Doubt, A Parable by John Patrick Shanley