The Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association has selected South Georgia State College's AJ Spencer as the Division I Men's Basketball Player of the Week.
Spencer, a 6'4" sophomore from Shiloh, Ga., averaged 19.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.5 steals, and 1.5 assists in last week's games against Albany Tech and Central Georgia Tech. For the season, Moore is averaging 15.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 2.7 assists per game. His points per game average is third in the GCAA.
Spencer is currently in the top five in the GCAA in the following categories – free throw percentage (79.3 – 4th), offensive rebounds (42 – 4th), total rebounds (117 – 5th), and total points (284 – 4th).
The Hawks (14-4, 3-1) travel to Georgia Highlands Wednesday and will return to Waycross Saturday, Jan. 22 to face Andrew College. Tip for the Andrew College game is set for 4 p.m.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- Hawks earn split at Applebee's Okefenokee College Classic
- SGSC basketball opens season by defeating Thomas University (JV)
- SGSC cross country wraps season with five top-10 finishers, All-Conference designee over last two meets
- SGSC Hawks earn NJCAA All-Academic awards
- SGSC Foundation hosts its 2022 Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony