The Coffee Lady Trojans have made the state playoffs for at least the sixth straight year. They wrapped the region schedule last week winning 2 out of 3 games, defeating rival Ware County 6-4 and throttling Warner Robins 15-3. Veterans nipped Coffee 3-1 on the road.
In Thursday’s game against Ware, Jenna Graham, Emily Robinson, and Hanna Hutchison all had a pair of hits. Hannah Capps, Lacey Stone, Morgan Adams, and Erin Robinson chipped in with a hit to round out the offense. Erin Robinson got the win and Lacey Stone picked up the save.
On Tuesday, Coffee beat visiting Warner Robins in another region game 15-3 at Faircloth Field. Emily Robinson cruised allowing only 1 earned run and striking out 4 in 4 innings. Jenna Graham and Hannah Capps had 2 hits and 4 RBI apiece to lead the attack. Emily Elisis, Emily Robinson, and Lacey Stone added a single hit each in the win.
The Lady Trojans dropped a road game to Veterans on Monday 3-1 with only 3 hits. Emily Elisis had 2 while Lacey Stone added the only other hit. "Veterans didn't hit it that well either with only 2 hits off Erin, but we struggled as well," stated head coach Stan Hughes.
Coffee wraps up the regular season on the road at Jeff Davis tonight and Senior Night Thursday against visiting Valdosta. The Trojans will travel to Mundy's Mill in the first round of the state playoffs on October 12.
- 16 cases on the last Superior Court trial week of the year
- Douglas man arrested for allegedly falsely reporting that people were trying to kill him and meth possession
- Five CHS students receive REACH Scholarship
- Precious Possessions presents Childhood Cancer Awareness Group with donation during Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- Traffic stop yields meth arrest