Keegan McGovern has picked up where he left off in 2019. After missing last season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, McGovern was promoted to the Class AA Arkansas Travelers of the AA Central division.
In five games this season, McGovern, an outfielder, is hitting .286 with a home run, one RBI, and four runs scored. His home run came last week in the first game of the season. McGovern, who was serving as the team’s designated hitter, and teammate Jake Scheiner went back-to-back in the fourth inning to score the Travelers’ first runs of the season. Arkansas ended up losing 7-4. McGovern was 2-4 in the opener.
For his career, McGovern is hitting .245 with 28 home runs and 80 RBI.
- ATCO man allegedly accuses father of taking his meth then threatens officers
- Feds indict six men for illegal firearms possession, drugs
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society names Thomas University alum as national president
- Willacoochee native among Ms. ABAC contestants
- Jim Mills, former Willacoochee mayor, passes at 86