The South Georgia State College Hawks held the Central Georgia Tech Titans to 30 percent shooting and forced 24 turnovers to defeat the Titans 73-51 Wednesday night in a GCAA conference matchup.
The win snapped SGSC’s (12-3, 6-3) two-game losing streak. The Hawks built a 40-24 lead at halftime and stretched their lead to as many as 32 points (66-34) in the second half.
Jalen King led the Hawks with 15 points and six rebounds. Jordan Coffee had 13 points, while Bryce Brown finished with 10 points, five rebounds and two blocked shots.
SGSC will host Southern Crescent Tech Tuesday, March 16 at 7 p.m. on SGSC’s Douglas Campus. The Hawks will finish their regular season home schedule by hosting Albany Tech (March 23) and Gordon State (March 25) in Waycross.
SGSC’s regular season schedule was shortened to 22 games due to the COVID-19 pandemic. General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free. Limited tickets will be sold for each home game in Douglas and Waycross to accommodate social distancing, and face coverings are required at each site. No game or season passes are available for the 2021 season.
- SGSC graduates first cohort in Long-Term Healthcare Management bachelor’s program
- SGSC Foundation hosts its 2022 Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Nine Hawks selected All-Conference, Coach Timothy named GCAA Coach of the Year
- South Georgia State College announces 2022 Commencement Ceremonies
- SGSC students honored for academic achievement