Led by five players scoring in double figures, the South Georgia State College Hawks extended their winning streak to four games Tuesday night with a 103-75 win over Reinhardt University’s junior varsity team.
Bryce Brown led the Hawks (4-0) with 21 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks. Nick Jiles had 17 points, five assists and four steals. Jayce Moore finished with 15 points, eight rebounds, eight assists and two steals. Jordan Coffee had 11 points, four assists and six rebounds. Alex Johnson rounded out the top scorers with 10 points.
SGSC’s two final non-conference games are scheduled for this Thursday and Saturday in Waycross against Edward Waters College (JV) and Combine Academy, respectively. Thursday’s game tips at 7 p.m., and Saturday’s game tips at 4 p.m.
SGSC’s regular season schedule has been shortened to 22 games due to the COVID-19 pandemic. General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free. Limited tickets will be sold for each home game in Douglas and Waycross to accommodate social distancing, and face coverings are required at each site. No game or season passes are available for the 2021 season.
- SGSC falls to Georgia Highlands in OT
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- SGSC's Dr. Arlena Stanley selected to participate in USG's Executive Leadership Institute
- SGSC's Amy Hancock wins Outstanding Excellence Award in Marketing and Communications
- SGSC Hawks basketball winning streak continues