Coffee Trojans offensive coordinator Kevious Johnson has been hired as head football coach of the Turner County Rebels.
Coach Johnson has served as the Trojans’ offensive coordinator for the last two seasons. He was also a member of the Coffee coaching staff in 2017, when the Trojans played for a state championship against Lee County. Lee won in overtime.
Coach Johnson played high school football for Coffee head coach Robby Pruitt at Fitzgerald High School. He then had a record-setting career as a running back at Wofford. This is Johnson’s first head coaching job. He is one of several Coffee assistants who have landed head coaching positions over the last few years.
- Two former Trojans take the field in Division II national title game
- Lady Trojans sweep Mundy's Mill, face #1 Chamblee Tuesday
- Chiefs waive Miller as pre-season comes to a close
- Dr. Roy Matthews, Douglas native and Bainbridge High principal, passes at 44
- Jim Keith, former Coffee High head football coach, passes at age 74