The South Georgia State College Hawks rolled to their second conference win Saturday afternoon and extended their current winning streak to seven games with a 102-55 victory over the East Georgia State Bobcats.
Six Hawks scored in double figures, led by Tafari Thomas with 15 points. Will Ferguson and Marquise Jackson each had 14, while Bryce Brown and Antonio Vendola each finished with 11 points. Jordan Coffee rounded out the top scoring with 10 points. Ferguson grabbed 13 rebounds, and Jackson had seven assists and six steals.
The Hawks (15-1, 2-0) defense was also on display as SGSC held East Georgia State to 29 percent shooting while forcing a total of 20 turnovers. The Bobcats shot 60 percent from the free throw line.
SGSC shot 56 percent from the field and missed only four free throws (71 percent).
The Hawks begin a two-game conference road trip before returning home Wednesday, Jan. 15 to host Georgia Highlands. Tip for the Jan. 15 game is set for 7 p.m.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- Satilla Marine Bass Classic scheduled for Oct. 3 to benefit SGSC basketball program
- SGSC Hawks Baker, Ferguson and Vendola named 2020 Arthur Ashe, Jr. Sports Scholars
- Mets trade former SGSC Hawk to Pittsburgh Pirates
- SGSC Hawks earn NJCAA All-Academic student-athlete awards
- Hawks at the Dome: SGSC celebrates State College Day at the Capitol