The Coffee Trojans brought home three first place trophies from the region cross country meet Thursday in Warner Robins.
Cameron Watson won his second consecutive individual region championship while Abbey Arnett won her second region title as well (she won her first title her sophomore year). Arnett’s performance catapulted the women’s team into first place while the men finished second overall. Watson ran a 17:31 (5:39 per mile). Arnett posted a 20:24 (6:35 per mile).
The strong showing Thursday means that both teams have qualified for the state cross country meet. The state meet takes place in Carrollton on Nov. 1-2.
- Chiefs waive Miller as pre-season comes to a close
- Dr. Roy Matthews, Douglas native and Bainbridge High principal, passes at 44
- Jim Keith, former Coffee High head football coach, passes at age 74
- Wyatt Miller joins Tyreek Hill in Kansas City
- Trojans set two new school records at Sectionals, six qualify for state