Citizens Christian Academy has a new varsity basketball coach.
According to a statement posted to CCA’s Facebook page on June 12, the school has hired Jamie Lingenfelter of Waycross to lead both the men’s and women’s varsity teams.
Coach Lingenfelter was born in Coffee County. He is married to Mandy Lingenfelter, who serves Ware County High School as head women’s basketball coach. Before moving to Ware County, Mandy Lingenfelter was head women’s basketball coach at Coffee High School, where she led the Lady Trojans to a region title in the 2008-2009 season and received region Coach of the Year honors.
Together, the Lingenfelters have two children - Mattie, 13 and Landon, 10. Jamie Lingenfelter has spent over 10 years coaching basketball at different levels, as well as training students at numerous summer basketball camps.
Jamie, Mandy and their children are active members of Emmanuel Baptist Church in Blackshear. One of the highlights of Jamie’s church life is being a counselor at Champ Camp. This camp is an annual event at Emmanuel. The camp is a week-long, all day camp designed to show school-aged children how to become a champion by living for Jesus.
The board and the administration of CCA is excited to welcome a coach with the qualifications and experience of Coach Jamie Lingenfelter.
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas