CCA Patriots depart for Final Four in Macon, state title hopes still alive
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in Sports
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Coffee County has been oh-so-close to bringing a state championship home this year. Of course, the Coffee Trojans football team played for a state title in December and came within inches of winning late in the fourth quarter. Then both Coffee men’s and women’s basketball teams advanced to the Elite Eight and were in position to advance to the Final Four. All three came up just a bit short.
But the quest for a state title isn’t over yet. This morning, the CCA Patriots departed for Mercer University in Macon for a Final Four match-up against Cordele’s Crisp Academy at 2:30 p.m. If the Patriots pull out today’s semi-final game, they will be one win away from a state championship.
CCA’s run through the playoffs has already been remarkable. They defeated Westwood in round one then tackled Solid Rock in the Elite Eight – the top-ranked team in the state that featured three players nearly seven feet tall. Beating Solid Rock was an accomplishment in and of itself; however, it’s merely a steppingstone to the ultimate goal.
It’s been a great year for local athletics. But there’s still work to do. And the CCA Patriots are more than capable of getting it done.
- CCA senior one of 100 students nationwide to receive $1,000 scholarship through Heisman High School Scholarship program
- Leeia Fields of Douglas selected as Mercer School of Medicine Nathan Deal Scholar
- CCA senior, local photographer land magazine cover
- Coffee Alliance for the Arts presents scholarship to Cailey Martinez
- Kaitlyn Tanner named Miss Georgia Teen Volunteer