South Georgia State College (SGSC) men’s basketball player Nate Louis has been named the first GCAA Division I Player of the Week for the 2017-2018 regular season.
A 5’11” sophomore from Miami, Fla., Louis averaged 21.5 points, six rebounds, seven assists, and 1.5 steals in wins over Denmark Tech and Indian River State. He is averaging 18.2 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 7.8 assists per game this season.
Louis currently leads the GCAA in total assists (47) and is in the top five in steals (15), assist to turnover ratio (3.9), and points per game average.
The Hawks are currently 5-1 and will play Florida State College-Jacksonville and Denmark Tech on the road before returning to Waycross Dec. 8-9 for the Chick-fil-A Classic.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- SGSC Hawks earn NJCAA All-Academic awards
- SGSC Foundation hosts its 2022 Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Nine Hawks selected All-Conference, Coach Timothy named GCAA Coach of the Year
- Additional postseason honors announced for Hawks basketball
- SGSC defeats Central Georgia Tech, advances to GCAA Semifinals