Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Four Trojans represented Coffee High at the state track meet in Columbus: Kate Merritt, Chris Stafford, Nevin Swanson and Will Bagwell. The meet only has sixteen representatives for each classification for each event.
Since 2012, Coffee High has had 20 individuals to represent in 45 events. For the second year, boys and girls scored points at the meet. Chris Stafford scored four points for the boys team and Kate Merritt scored one point for the girls.
Senior Chris Stafford placed 5th in the triple jump clearing 44 feet and 9 inches. He also jumped 20 feet and 1.5 inches in the long jump finishing 15th overall in the state. Stafford competed in the 300 meter hurdles and finished fourteenth in the standings with a 41.88 second finish.
Junior Kate Merritt placed 8th in the 3200 meter run with a time of 11 minutes and 45.71 seconds. She also completed in the 1600 meter run on Saturday running 5 minutes and 22.28 seconds. Kate finished the 1600 meter run with a 10th place finish.
Junior Nevin Swanson competed in the 3200 meter run. Nevin placed 10th with a time of 10 minutes and 12.88 seconds for a new personal record. Nevin ran a 4 minutes and 42.73 seconds 1600 meter run to finish 13th overall.
Sophomore Will Bagwell ran a time of 10 minutes and 30.59 seconds placing 13th.
- Trojans head into state title game as six-point favorites
- Tyreek Hill makes case as first wide receiver to win NFL MVP
- Coffee beats Cartersville for 14th win, headed to the state title game
- Freshman Trojans made their own history with undefeated season
- For the third time in four years, Coffee faces Cartersville on the road in the postseason