The Coffee County Drug Unit (CCDU) announces the following statistics for the first quarter of 2022:
Sixty-one arrests were made by the CCDU in the first quarter of 2022 for an array of crimes, most of which involved violations of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act.
Seventeen firearms were seized and taken off the streets as part of ongoing investigations. These firearms were determined to have been used as part of the illicit drug trade, possessed by convicted felons, and/or both. Four of these firearms were determined to have been stolen.
Three vehicles were seized, which were suspected to have been operated in furtherance of drug trafficking organizations. One stolen vehicle was recovered, which had been reported stolen from the State of Florida.
Totals for 1st Quarter 2022
Firearms Seized: 17, Stolen: 4
Vehicles Seized: 3, Recovered/ Stolen: 1
Methamphetamine/ MDMA: 13.75 Ounces
Heroin/ Fentanyl: 5.05 Ounces
Crack Cocaine/ Cocaine: 3.70 Ounces
Marijuana: 5.45 pounds
(All weights and dollar amounts are approximations, and not all suspected illicit drugs have been tested by a crime laboratory as of yet. Contents of suspected illicit drugs are determined by investigation and field testing.)
- 61-year-old charged with two counts of child molestation
- Drug unit reports busy July
- Man released from prison in 2020 back behind bars
- Imprisoned leader of gang-related trafficking conspiracy sentenced to nearly 40 years in federal prison
- Man on probation for battery recently charged with aggravated assault