Convicted child molester faces multiple new charges
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A convicted sex offender faces multiple, new child molestation charges following several incidents that occurred recently in Coffee County.
An investigation into an alleged incident of child molestation was begun by the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 23, 2022. As a result, David Roberson was arrested on Jan. 26 on one count of child molestation. Since that time, two additional incidents involving Roberson were reported to the sheriff’s office and, upon further investigation, two additional arrest warrants for child molestation were obtained.
Roberson has been a registered sex offender living in Coffee County since 2003.
He remains incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail.
In an unrelated incident, Sheriff’s Office authorities arrested an individual identified as Gary Dewayne Merritt on 37 counts of forgery in the fourth degree following an investigation that began in late January.
Latest from Submitted
- Range Robinson represents USA in Albania, takes to the platform Wednesday morning
- DPD urges safety when operating motorized carts on city streets
- Michael and Kassidy Carter represent Georgia at the National Outstanding Young Farmers Award Congress
- ABAC honors top academic students
- Douglas re-designated as PlanFirst Community