A convicted sex offender faces multiple, new child molestation charges following several incidents that occurred recently in Coffee County.
An investigation into an alleged incident of child molestation was begun by the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 23, 2022. As a result, David Roberson was arrested on Jan. 26 on one count of child molestation. Since that time, two additional incidents involving Roberson were reported to the sheriff’s office and, upon further investigation, two additional arrest warrants for child molestation were obtained.
Roberson has been a registered sex offender living in Coffee County since 2003.
He remains incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail.
In an unrelated incident, Sheriff’s Office authorities arrested an individual identified as Gary Dewayne Merritt on 37 counts of forgery in the fourth degree following an investigation that began in late January.
- Five CHS students receive REACH Scholarship
- Precious Possessions presents Childhood Cancer Awareness Group with donation during Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- Traffic stop yields meth arrest
- School system police officer arrested, charged for allegedly breaking into cars
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules