Beginning Wednesday around 10 a.m., traffic will shift significantly on Highway 32 West in the construction zone.
If you are traveling west from Douglas, near Evans Store, traffic will shift to the right onto the newly paved portion of 32. Motorists will travel on the new pavement for a distance then shift across the old road bed and onto the new road on the south side of 32. Motorists will then travel to the bridge that crosses the railroad tracks before shifting to the original Highway 32.
Motorists traveling east on 32 heading into Douglas will cross the bridge as usual and then should prepare to shift to the right once they cross the bridge.
Crews will put the finishing touches on the new sections of asphalt Wednesday morning then make the shifts after the morning rush. This traffic pattern will stay in effect for several months. The entire project should be finished in early 2023.
Please drive carefully and allow for delays through the construction zone.
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team