Beginning Wednesday around 10 a.m., traffic will shift significantly on Highway 32 West in the construction zone.
If you are traveling west from Douglas, near Evans Store, traffic will shift to the right onto the newly paved portion of 32. Motorists will travel on the new pavement for a distance then shift across the old road bed and onto the new road on the south side of 32. Motorists will then travel to the bridge that crosses the railroad tracks before shifting to the original Highway 32.
Motorists traveling east on 32 heading into Douglas will cross the bridge as usual and then should prepare to shift to the right once they cross the bridge.
Crews will put the finishing touches on the new sections of asphalt Wednesday morning then make the shifts after the morning rush. This traffic pattern will stay in effect for several months. The entire project should be finished in early 2023.
Please drive carefully and allow for delays through the construction zone.
- Clark pleads guilty to aggravated assault, will serve one year in jail
- Jury convicts James Burch on two counts of aggravated assault, could face 40 years in prison
- City prepares for Hurricane Ian
- Burch to stand trial Tuesday on aggravated assault charge
- Raffensperger to replace Coffee County election equipment, end distraction for local election officials
Latest from Robert Preston
- JV Trojans storm Martin Stadium, defeat JV Vikings 7-6
- Defense, special teams lead Trojans to 51-17 win over Richmond Hill Wildcats
- Trojans make history against Seminoles, win 65-0
- Coffee overcomes bye week, two-hour weather delay to defeat St. Augustine (Fla.) in Border Classic
- Coffee JV handles Madison (Fla.) JV 41-0 in first meeting since 2007