Thursday night, Rodderian “Rae Rae” D. Barnes, 27, of Douglas lost his life after being assaulted at his residence on Juanita Street, according to the Douglas Police Department.
Barnes was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center for treatment. From there, he was transferred to a trauma center via Air Evac helicopter for further treatment. Barnes succumbed to his injuries after being transferred.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Young acquitted on felony charge
- Bowen, Merson receive additional charges in alleged heroin operation
- Young to stand trial Wednesday on possession of firearms charge
- Ryan Duke gets 10 years, already eligible for parole
- Reed's Snack & Shack takes 1st in Barbecue News Magazine's 2022 Sauces of Honor contest