An armed car jacking connected to a fatal shooting in Ocilla took place in Douglas Thursday night. No one in Coffee County was injured although the suspect did escape with the stolen car. He later killed himself near Nicholls with officers in pursuit.
According to officers, two people were shot – one fatally – in Ocilla by a male assailant. The alleged shooter fled to Coffee County, where he ditched his car then, at gun point, stole a car from the BP convenience store on Highway 158 West near Baymeadows. The owner of the car was not injured in the carjacking.
The suspect then fled in the stolen car through Douglas and into Nicholls. Officers pursued the suspect, who eventually abandoned the vehicle and ran. He then committed suicide in a wooded area. No further injuries were reported.
- Douglas/Coffee County supports World Teen Mental Wellness Day
- CSX to close railroad crossing for maintenance
- Drug officers arrest two, one of whom was just released from jail 11 days prior
- It’s business license renewal time
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team