At the regular City of Douglas meeting on Monday, December 13, 2021, the Mayor and City Commission voted to mail checks to Douglas residents that are approved to receive ARPA funding from the City of Douglas’ round one application process. Citizens, whose applications were approved, will receive a check at the address on the submitted application.
“Our staff was diligent and in a short amount of time verified and processed over 2,100 applications,” says Mayor Tony Paulk. “We are grateful for the federal funding that is allowing the unique opportunity to give back to city residents and households during this holiday season. Especially, to some of the businesses and nonprofit organization that suffered a tremendous loss of revenue during the pandemic.”
By mailing the checks, the city hopes that approved applicants will receive their checks prior to December 31, 2021. If a check is returned, the applicant will be contacted by a city staff member who will request the correct mailing address or offer an option to pick up the check.
- An interview with Melody and Vaylor Trucks of Brother & Sister
- Third suspect indicted on murder charges in death of Vann Brown
- Brother & Sister, children of original Allman Brothers founding member, to perform in Douglas Saturday night
- Early voting still underway, over 1,000 ballots cast so far
- Dr. Peterson speaks at Mercer graduation