On Sunday, October 17, 2021, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
On Sunday, October 17, 2021, at approximately 11:30 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of Hwy. 158, Douglas, Coffee County, Georgia, in reference to a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, deputies found Joshua Lee Williams, 35, of Lacanto, FL, deceased from apparent gunshot wounds. As a result of investigative acts conducted by Agents and Coffee County Investigators, it was determined that Williams had an altercation with Nicholas Vickers, 33, of Douglas that resulted in Williams being shot. Williams body was transported to the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office in Pooler for autopsy. No charges have been filed at this time.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Region 4 Office at (912) 389-4103. Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
- CRMC continues to offer therapeutic treatments for COVID-19 patients
- Jury convicts James Hollinger on child molestation charges
- City announces joint public hearing for county, Ambrose, Broxton, Douglas, Nicholls
- Business license renewal deadline approaching
- Marquez Floyd pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life