On Sunday, October 17, 2021, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
On Sunday, October 17, 2021, at approximately 11:30 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of Hwy. 158, Douglas, Coffee County, Georgia, in reference to a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, deputies found Joshua Lee Williams, 35, of Lacanto, FL, deceased from apparent gunshot wounds. As a result of investigative acts conducted by Agents and Coffee County Investigators, it was determined that Williams had an altercation with Nicholas Vickers, 33, of Douglas that resulted in Williams being shot. Williams body was transported to the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office in Pooler for autopsy. No charges have been filed at this time.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Region 4 Office at (912) 389-4103. Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
- Second suspect arrested in RICO investigation
- GBI investigates death at Waycross Youth Detention Center
- GBI makes another arrest in shooting of death of Savion McRae
- Federal judge sentences convicted Arbery killers on hate crimes
- Coffee weightlifters storm Las Vegas, Micale Smith wins national title
Latest from Submitted
- Wiregrass RN students receive their pins
- Convicted Iraqi firearms smuggler sentenced to nearly eight years in federal prison
- Man allegedly throws footballs containing drugs, other contraband over fence at ICDC
- Wiregrass team earns National SkillsUSA Competition medals
- Best-selling author speaks to Coffee County teachers at Convocation