A convicted Florida felon and identified gang member was jailed on firearms charges by Coffee County Sheriff’s Office detectives last week.
Detectives learned on Aug. 18 that an individual identified as Brandon Lowe of Duval County, Fla., was in the Coffee County area and in unlawful possession of a firearm. Lowe was located following a brief investigation and was found to be in possession of a handgun.
During the investigation, it was discovered Lowe has been convicted of numerous felonies and had been validated as a gang member through the Florida Department of Corrections. He was subsequently arrested by Coffee County detectives and charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- A cell phone and a TPO violation allegedly lead to domestic dispute, one arrest
- 16 cases on the last Superior Court trial week of the year
- Douglas man arrested for allegedly falsely reporting that people were trying to kill him and meth possession
- Five CHS students receive REACH Scholarship
- Precious Possessions presents Childhood Cancer Awareness Group with donation during Christmas tree lighting ceremony