On Friday, July 16, 2021, the GBI arrested Jeff Davis County Detention Officer Cody Ewing, 20, on a charge of Sexual Assault by Persons with Supervisory or Disciplinary Authority.
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021, the GBI Region 4 Douglas Office was requested by the Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office to investigate allegations that Ewing sexually assaulted a Jeff Davis County Jail inmate.
Ewing was booked into the Jeff Davis County Jail and was released on bond. He has worked at the jail for less than one year.
This case is being investigated by the Douglas (Region 4) Office. The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office (912-375-6600) or the GBI Region 4 office (912-389-4103).
- Coffee County man arrested for sexual exploitation of children
- GBI announces promotions at Douglas field office
- Twelve witnesses take the stand in first day of Anderson trial
- Prison sentences for drug trafficker, two ex-prison guards wrap Sandy Bottom conspiracy
- Former Willacoochee police chief arrested by GBI