Danny Ray Grantham, Jr., 46, of Douglas, has been arrested in Fernandina Beach, Florida, for allegedly breaking into a yacht at the city marina.
According to a release prepared by the Fernandina Beach Police Department and published by The Fernandina Observer, someone saw Grantham acting suspiciously at the marina as he boarded a yacht. The witness called police who located Grantham. During their investigation, officers tied Grantham to other incidents, including a residential trespass that had taken place earlier in the evening and a separate residential burglary.
As a result, Grantham was charged with two counts of burglary, trespass, and theft. He was arrested and transported to the Nassau County Jail, where he remains.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DPD officers investigating Sunday night shooting
- Joyce Milsap, wife of Country Music Hall of Fame member Ronnie Milsap, passes at 80
- CCSO, DPD release statement regarding Harris arrest
- GBI investigating sheriff's deputies' use of force in Harris arrest
- Monroe County officers arrest Broxton man for allegedly stealing three DNR Polaris Rangers and trailers