State Route 32 reopened Monday, July 19, as traffic was shifted to the newly-constructed bridge at Seventeen Mile River east of Douglas.
Georgia Department of Transportation personnel worked with the contractor to get the new bridge ready for traffic. This remains a work zone. Motorists are reminded to follow the posted speed limit and watch for workers and equipment. Some work remains to be done at the new bridge and the contractor will begin demolishing the adjacent detour bridge that was utilized during construction. It closed July 13 for evaluation.
The new bridge replaces the previous one that was built in 1955.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DPD officers investigating Sunday night shooting
- Joyce Milsap, wife of Country Music Hall of Fame member Ronnie Milsap, passes at 80
- CCSO, DPD release statement regarding Harris arrest
- GBI investigating sheriff's deputies' use of force in Harris arrest
- Monroe County officers arrest Broxton man for allegedly stealing three DNR Polaris Rangers and trailers