A convicted sex offender who was on probation for child molestation is headed back to prison for admitting to having sex with a pig.
Scarber Jonal Smith of Wray pled guilty to child molestation in 2014 for an incident that occurred the previous year. He was sentenced to 20 years, seven of which he would serve in state prison. He would finish the remainder of his sentence on probation.
Smith had been released from prison and during a meeting with his probation officer, the officer discovered that he had violated the terms of his probation during a polygraph test. Smith admitted to committing the act of bestiality; specifically, having sex with a pig sometime between the dates of Oct. 18, 2020 and April 6, 2021.
Smith appeared in court on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, where his probation was revoked and he was sentenced to five years in state prison.
- Pickup, lawn mower theft results in arrest on multiple charges
- Deputies find stolen trailer and Polaris Ranger, arrest three
- Fire department has new educational tool
- Former prison guard admits role in major south Georgia drug trafficking conspiracy
- City receives funding to assist with airport lighting replacement
Latest from Robert Preston
- Bobby Bowden, former SGC and FSU head coach, diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
- Sen. Tyler Harper announces bid for state agriculture commissioner
- No criminal charges in daycare death investigation
- Graphic video: Douglas residents present during Daytona Truck Week shooting
- Insurance commissioner: Shann Peanut fire intentionally set