On Sunday, May 9, 2021, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
On Sunday, May 9, 2021, at approximately 3:00 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the intersection of Rebecca S. Waldron and Gillis Rd., Douglas, Coffee County, Georgia, in reference to an assault. Upon arrival, deputies found Landon Freeman, 20 suffering from a stab wound. Freeman was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased. As a result of investigative acts conducted by agents and Coffee County investigators, it was determined that Freeman had an altercation with William Wooten, 18 of Douglas, that resulted in Freeman being stabbed.
The investigation is active and ongoing, However, no charges are being filed at this point in the investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Region 4 office at (912) 389-4103.
Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
- Bowen, Merson receive additional charges in alleged heroin operation
- Young to stand trial Wednesday on possession of firearms charge
- Operation Quality-of-Life discovers numerous violations in city
- Wiregrass announces President's, Dean's lists
- Reed's Snack & Shack takes 1st in Barbecue News Magazine's 2022 Sauces of Honor contest