On Sunday, May 9, 2021, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
On Sunday, May 9, 2021, at approximately 3:00 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the intersection of Rebecca S. Waldron and Gillis Rd., Douglas, Coffee County, Georgia, in reference to an assault. Upon arrival, deputies found Landon Freeman, 20 suffering from a stab wound. Freeman was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased. As a result of investigative acts conducted by agents and Coffee County investigators, it was determined that Freeman had an altercation with William Wooten, 18 of Douglas, that resulted in Freeman being stabbed.
The investigation is active and ongoing, However, no charges are being filed at this point in the investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Region 4 office at (912) 389-4103.
Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
- Officers charge Andre Larron Benjamin with murder in shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown
- City seeking construction contractors
- Land Bank Authority: A solution for vacant, blighted properties
- Pedestrian safety measures added to Douglas state route
- Local filmmaker talks to CHS students, offers scholarship