On Sunday, May 9, 2021, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
On Sunday, May 9, 2021, at approximately 3:00 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the intersection of Rebecca S. Waldron and Gillis Rd., Douglas, Coffee County, Georgia, in reference to an assault. Upon arrival, deputies found Landon Freeman, 20 suffering from a stab wound. Freeman was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased. As a result of investigative acts conducted by agents and Coffee County investigators, it was determined that Freeman had an altercation with William Wooten, 18 of Douglas, that resulted in Freeman being stabbed.
The investigation is active and ongoing, However, no charges are being filed at this point in the investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Region 4 office at (912) 389-4103.
Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
- Pickup, lawn mower theft results in arrest on multiple charges
- Deputies find stolen trailer and Polaris Ranger, arrest three
- GBI arrests Jeff Davis County jailer on sexual assault charges
- Fire department has new educational tool
- Former prison guard admits role in major south Georgia drug trafficking conspiracy