On Thursday, Feb. 25, 2021, two employees of the Coffee County Elections Office, Misty Hampton and Jil Riddlehoover, resigned, leaving the office temporarily closed in the aftermath.
The county has not made any statement regarding the resignations. DouglasNow.com submitted an open records request to the county regarding this incident. The county responded quickly and sent DouglasNow.com copies of the resignation letters submitted by Hampton and Riddlehoover.
Hampton’s letter states the following: “. . . the County contends that I submitted time sheets for time worked, and was thereafter paid, when in fact I did not work all the hours I submitted for payment. The County also contends that I authorized timesheets for employees that worked under my supervision who did not work all the hours which were submitted on their timesheets.”
Riddlehoover’s letter states that “. . . the County contends that I submitted timesheets for time worked, and was thereafter paid, when in fact I did not work all the hours I submitted for payment.”
The letters also state that neither will be eligible to work for the county again in the future.
The Coffee County Board of Elections accepted both letters. The election office remains temporarily closed.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Video: Live streamed video leads to aggravated assault charges
- Appling County native hits go-ahead home run in MLB All Star Game, wins game for American League
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense