The Okefenokee RESA Board of Control elected Dr. Morris Leis, Superintendent of Schools for Coffee County, to the position of chairman at the January meeting of the Board of Control. Dr. Leis has served on the Okefenokee RESA Board of Control for 10 years and as Vice-Chairman for 4 years.
“I am excited to work with Dr. Leis in his capacity as Chairman of our Board of Control. He always has brought a wealth of knowledge and experience in educational leadership to our Board, and now as the Chairman of our Board we anticipate continued growth of our organization through Dr. Leis’s guidance” Dr. Greg Jacobs, Executive Director, Okefenokee RESA.
Okefenokee RESA is an educational service agency providing professional learning for teachers, administrators, and other school staff; cooperative purchasing opportunities; and technical services for our 9-member school districts. School districts include: Atkinson County, Bacon County, Brantley County, Camden County, Charlton County, Clinch County, Coffee County, Pierce County, and Ware County.
The Okefenokee RESA Board of Control is comprised of the superintendents of the member school districts as well as the college presidents of the local colleges and universities (South Georgia State College and Coastal Pines Technical College) and the director of the local regional library system (Okefenokee Regional Library).
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept