A Douglas man has been arrested on child pornography charges after a lengthy investigation.
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021, Ashley Carter, age 41, of Coffee County, was arrested and charged with Computer or Electronic Pornography and Child Exploitation after a collaborative child pornography investigation conducted by Homeland Security Investigations (Savannah) and the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office.
This investigation is still ongoing and additional charges are possible.
- City prepares for Hurricane Ian
- Raffensperger to replace Coffee County election equipment, end distraction for local election officials
- Sleepy Coffee County wakes to national spotlight with 2021 voting machine breach videos
- Judge grants only two bonds in Wednesday hearings
- Released CCF inmate returning to prison after throwing bag of contraband over fence
Latest from Robert Preston
- JV Trojans storm Martin Stadium, defeat JV Vikings 7-6
- Defense, special teams lead Trojans to 51-17 win over Richmond Hill Wildcats
- Trojans make history against Seminoles, win 65-0
- Coffee overcomes bye week, two-hour weather delay to defeat St. Augustine (Fla.) in Border Classic
- Coffee JV handles Madison (Fla.) JV 41-0 in first meeting since 2007