On December 26, 2020, deputies with the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park in reference to a robbery. Upon arrival, deputies made contact with a male subject identified as Tyreke Williams, who appeared to be injured. Deputies observed lacerations and swelling to Williams’s head and face. Emergency Medical Services responded to the location and transported the subject to the hospital for treatment.
The Criminal Investigations Division was notified, and detectives responded to the location. As a result of the investigation, detectives determined that Mark Moore, JaTavius Bennett, and Richard Bennett had beaten Williams and then stole a firearm from him. Detectives located Mark Moore, 21, of Douglas and took him into custody. Moore was transported to the Coffee County Jail and has been charged with battery, cruelty to children 3rd degree, robbery, and criminal damage to property 2nd degree.
Richard Bennett and JaTavius Bennett are being sought in connection with this incident. If you have any information regarding these individuals, you are asked to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227, the TIPS Line at (912) 383-8477, or Coffee County E-911 at (912) 384-7675.
- Jarmal Jackson, out on bond on aggravated assault charges, arrested after another fight
- Love triangle results in alleged beating with metal pipe
- Victim reports crime, also gets arrested
- First a sandwich, now headphones: Misplaced AirPods lead to alleged fight between family members
- DPD makes arrest in Halloween 2021 vehicle, home shooting