Friday the 13th was a very unlucky day for a wanted fugitive in Coffee County.
Coffee County investigators arrested Charlie Lee Smith Jr. on November 13, 2020. Smith fled from officers on September 30, 2020 as they were about to execute a search warrant at Lamar’s Auto Repair Shop in Broxton.
Smith is currently in the Coffee County Jail where he has been charged with Manufacture, Distribute, Possess with Intent to Distribute, Offer to Distribute Explosive Device, Possess or have in his/her control a counterfeit substance, as well as numerous charges of Possession of Schedule II, III, and IV Controlled Substances, two counts of Possession of a Firearm or Knife During the Commission of a Crime, Sale of Schedule I or Schedule II Controlled Substance, two counts of Theft by Receiving Stolen Property, Trafficking in Cocaine, Illegal Drugs, Marijuana, or Methamphetamine and Willful Obstruction of Law Enforcement Officers.
Smith has made his first appearance bond hearing before the magistrate judge and was denied bond on all charges.
- Christopher Jones convicted on two counts of murder
- Ellianos celebrates National Coffee Day with free coffee
- CHS NJROTC students win orienteering competition
- State school superintendent chooses CHS junior to serve on advisory council
- Wiregrass announces President's and Dean's List for summer semester
Latest from Staff Reports
- DPD officers investigating Sunday night shooting
- Joyce Milsap, wife of Country Music Hall of Fame member Ronnie Milsap, passes at 80
- CCSO, DPD release statement regarding Harris arrest
- GBI investigating sheriff's deputies' use of force in Harris arrest
- Monroe County officers arrest Broxton man for allegedly stealing three DNR Polaris Rangers and trailers