Three individuals have been arrested in connection with a theft of antiques that took place in late October.
On October 25, 2020, deputies responded to a residence on Appaloosa Road to a complaint of theft of some antique items. The complainant told deputies that he saw two unknown persons on his property taking parts off one of his trucks. The complainant told deputies that he had confronted the two individuals and noticed they had a trailer loaded down with car parts and other miscellaneous items. The individuals got in the truck and left.
The Criminal Investigations Division was notified and began an investigation. This investigation resulted in the arrest of Richard Shannon Jewell, 47, of Douglas and Sallie Michelle Kendall, 45, of Douglas. Jewell and Kendall have been charged with theft by taking and both individuals have probation violation charges. Jewell and Kendall have made their first appearance bond hearing before the Magistrate Judge and the Court denied both individuals’ bonds.
On November 9, 2020 Investigators arrested Berrie Jonathan Durrance, 37, of Douglas and charged him with theft by taking in this case. Durrance made his first bond appearance before the Magistrate Judge and was denied bond.
- Two-year City Hall renovation to begin soon, city offices to be relocated
- Traffic stop yields drug arrest
- Three arrested for allegedly attempting to sneak drugs into jail
- County officials take their oaths of office
- Local drug investigation indicts 48 defendants for conspiracy, including three prison guards