Following a brief investigation, on October 6, 2020, the Coffee County Drug Unit served a search warrant at 199 Elm Street in Douglas.
As a result of the search warrant, James Major Nolan, 37, from Douglas and Denzel Akeem Pace, 26, from Douglas, were arrested for possession of methamphetamine. Richard Lamar Baum, 49, from Broxton was also arrested for possession of drug related objects. All three appeared before the magistrate judge for their first appearance bond hearings.
Nolan and Pace were denied bond and are currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail. Baum was released on bond pending future court appearances.
- Two-year City Hall renovation to begin soon, city offices to be relocated
- Traffic stop yields drug arrest
- Three arrested for allegedly attempting to sneak drugs into jail
- County officials take their oaths of office
- Local drug investigation indicts 48 defendants for conspiracy, including three prison guards