On Monday, October 5, 2020, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
On Monday, October 5, 2020, at approximately 6:00 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to 367 Creekwood Road in Douglas in reference to a person found deceased. Upon arrival, deputies found Ja’rique Johan Brown, 15, deceased from an apparent gunshot wound. Brown’s body will be transported to the GBI Medical Examiner’s office for an autopsy.
As a result of investigative acts conducted by Agents and Coffee County Investigators, a juvenile was arrested and charged with one count of felony murder. The juvenile was transported to the Waycross Youth Detention Center in Waycross.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DPD officers investigating Sunday night shooting
- Joyce Milsap, wife of Country Music Hall of Fame member Ronnie Milsap, passes at 80
- CCSO, DPD release statement regarding Harris arrest
- GBI investigating sheriff's deputies' use of force in Harris arrest
- Monroe County officers arrest Broxton man for allegedly stealing three DNR Polaris Rangers and trailers