On September 5, 2020, Coffee County deputies were dispatched to a possible child abuse case. The case was turned over to Coffee County Criminal Investigations Detectives for further investigation.
As a result of that investigation John McIver Jr., 66, of Broxton, was charged with two counts of Cruelty to Children. McIver was released on bond on September 8,2020.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Man taken back to jail two days after being released on bond