Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Early Sunday morning, December 29, 2019, a Broxton police officer fired his weapon several times at a vehicle involved in a chase that originated in Douglas.
On Monday, December 30, 2019, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Broxton Police Department to conduct a use of force investigation.
At approximately 3:00 a.m. on December 29, the Douglas Police Department initiated a traffic stop in Douglas. The vehicle fled the stop and led officers on a chase that continued into Broxton. As the chase continued through Broxton, a Broxton Police Department officer fired multiple times at the vehicle. The vehicle eventually stopped and multiple individuals fled the scene on foot and their identities have yet to be confirmed. A juvenile was found to be in the vehicle and was later released to the parents. There were no injuries to any of the participants related to the use of force.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the GBI Region 4 office at (912) 389-4103.
- Officers arrest, charge nine with DUI and other related offenses last week
- DPD officers respond to possible hostage situation at local motel, make one arrest
- Last week's DUI investigations: Six arrested by three different agencies
- Coffee County man arrested for sexual exploitation of children
- Wanted suspect remains in jail after being arrested on numerous charges
Latest from Staff Reports
- #7 Trojans improve to 5-0 with win over Richmond Hill
- Foot chase leads to methamphetamine arrest
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
- Douglas woman charged with animal cruelty after critically ill horse found on property