Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A crop duster crashed near Willacoochee Friday morning, injuring the pilot and leaving 231 residents without power.
According to witnesses, the plane clipped power lines near Talmadge McKinnon Road in Atkinson County, not far from Willacoochee. The plane tumbled to the earth, leaving debris in trees and across a large swath of ground. The pilot was taken to Coffee Regional Medical Center and then transported via Air-Evac to Savannah for further treatment. He suffered visible injuries but was stable.
As a result of the accident, 231 Satilla REA customers in the area don’t have power. There is no word as to when power will be restored. Authorities are investigating the crash. The pilot’s name has not been released.
- Wiregrass announces President’s and Dean’s List for Summer Semester
- Sambo's in Willacoochee rocked by explosion heard several blocks away
- SGSC announces Spring 2023 academic honors lists
- ATCO Sheriff Moore: Deputy suspended following traffic stop indecent exposure investigation
- Former Willacoochee police chief arrested by GBI
Latest from Robert Preston
- Broxton's Charles Ingram: 'I've always tried to do what I could for anyone who came along'
- County approves FY24 general fund and special revenue funds budget, considers rezoning requests
- Trojans head into state title game as six-point favorites
- City commission approves rate increase for trash collection
- Tyreek Hill makes case as first wide receiver to win NFL MVP