The body discovered behind Walmart on Thursday, May 23 has been identified.
According to police chief Shane Edmisten, the GBI medical examiner’s office identified the body as that of Bryce Daniel Combs, 33. Combs had been reported missing to the Douglas Police Department on May 20.
Officers discovered Combs’s body about 3:30 p.m. after a tip from family led them to a wooded area behind the east side of the Walmart store, just a short distance from South Gaskin Avenue. According to Chief Edmisten, the cause of death is suicide.
- Driver of vehicle involved in train v. car accident allegedly drunk
- Lady Trojans win four out of five last week
- World War II air base barracks to hold three open house dates in October
- Alleged intoxicated suspect escapes traffic stop, rams police car, and flees on foot
- Man charged with aggravated assault after allegedly choking female
Latest from Robert Preston
- JV Trojans storm Martin Stadium, defeat JV Vikings 7-6
- Defense, special teams lead Trojans to 51-17 win over Richmond Hill Wildcats
- Trojans make history against Seminoles, win 65-0
- Coffee overcomes bye week, two-hour weather delay to defeat St. Augustine (Fla.) in Border Classic
- Coffee JV handles Madison (Fla.) JV 41-0 in first meeting since 2007