Thursday afternoon, police officers discovered a body in a wooded area behind the Walmart Supercenter in Douglas, just a short distance off South Gaskin Avenue. According to police chief Shane Edmisten, the body was that of an unidentified white male. He had been deceased for several days but there were no signs of a crime.
Tuesday morning, Chief Edmisten reported that the body has yet to be identified. The GBI is still awaiting the results of fingerprint analysis. Chief Edmisten also stated that thus far, the cause of death appears to be suicide.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- 32-year-old allegedly forces way into a home, says he kills everybody, then sits down and has a meal
- Man charged for allegedly stabbing 17-year-old during dispute at home
- Trial recap: Jury finds Justin Anderson innocent of murder, guilty of tampering with evidence and making false statements
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday
- Coffee falls to Ware, Trojans head into playoffs as #2 seed