James Willis, area manager for Georgia Power Company in Waycross, recently presented a check on behalf of the company to the James M. Dye Foundation on South Georgia State College's (SGSC) Waycross Campus. Accepting the check on behalf of the Foundation was SGSC President Dr. Virginia Carson.
The Dye Foundation provides funding for various initiatives on SGSC's Waycross Campus, outside of state appropriations, including student scholarships and campus events and programs. The Foundation is grateful for Georgia Power's continued support as an educational partner. Georgia Power's contribution also supports the Foundation's FY 2015 Annual Giving Campaign, which began July 1. All contributions to the Foundation are tax-deductible.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- ADA Ian Sansot announces candidacy for District Attorney
- Two Douglas residents arrested on drug charges during Ocala, Fla., traffic stop
- Tyreek Hill makes sixth straight Pro Bowl