City of Douglas and Coffee County officials attended the 29th Annual Okefenokee Occasion reception on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at the Georgia Railroad Freight Depot in Atlanta. The Southern Georgia Regional Commission organized this annual event that provides rural communities in South Georgia an opportunity for one on one discussion with legislators about upcoming legislation under consideration and special projects that affect local communities. The Okefenokee Occasion committee consists of members from Appling, Atkinson, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brantley, Brooks, Charlton, Clinch, Coffee, Irwin, Jeff Davis, Lanier, Pierce, Turner, Ware and Wayne counties.
- Early voting still underway, over 1,000 ballots cast so far
- Feds sentence Broxton man on child pornography charges
- Chases, meth possession, and firearms charges top drug unit's operations in April
- Electric Studios selects Coffee County as location for latest film
- Joshua 'Ouu' McGinty sentenced to over 15 years, other Sandy Bottom defendants also sentenced