Broxton PD makes 'major' drug bust
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
There’s one less alleged drug offender and burglar in Broxton as the holiday weekend approaches.
Officers from the Broxton Police Department made a huge arrest Wednesday night when they arrested 28-year-old Geraldme Phillip Kirby of Douglas in Broxton for possession of methamphetamine, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, possession of burglary tools, prowling, and two counts of carrying an illegal drug across a guard line. More charges are pending as the investigation progresses.
Broxton police chief Scott Harper stated that this arrest was a direct result of his officers being proactive in their jobs. He added that officer Chase Byrd did a phenomenal job in making the arrest and not only removing these dangerous drugs from Broxton’s streets but possibly solving a few burglaries in the process.
"My stance on drugs is the same as when I took office. We will not tolerate it in Broxton. Once again, I will tell the individuals dealing drugs in Broxton -- you have three simple choices: Stop dealing, move out of Broxton, or go to prison. We may not catch you today or tomorrow, but you will be caught. That's a promise," stated Chief Harper.
- An era ends: Elmo's Bait and Tackle closes
- A high school umpire and a Coffee County resident among several arrested in Jeff Davis County on drug charges
- David Rios, one of Coffee County's Most Wanted, still on the run after 11 years
- Officer recognizes man driving on suspended license, makes traffic stop and finds meth
- Suspected Coffee County drug dealers nabbed on I-75
Latest from Staff Reports
- Brunel recognized at LaGrange College commencement
- Detective witnesses fight inside car, lands Fitzgerald man in jail
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
- Douglas man charged with hit and run, DUI after 'leaving the club'
- Three juveniles charged for allegedly agreeing to sell iPhones then stealing the money from potential buyers