A one-vehicle accident late Friday took the life of a Douglas man.
According to officials, the deceased, a 20-year-old male whose identity has not been released, was driving west on Highway 32 when he approached the overhead bridge. The driver failed to negotiate the curve on the bridge and left the roadway, driving down the embankment and into a pine tree. The vehicle then burst into flames.
Authorities are still investigating the accident. There were no other vehicles involved and there were no passengers in the car that crashed.
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team