District Attorney George E. Barnhill is pleased to announce that Marilyn P. Bennett has joined his team of assistant district attorneys for the Waycross Judicial Circuit.
Marilyn grew up in Mississippi and is a December 2008 graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. After graduation, she married Jim Bennett of Blackshear and they moved to Florida. She began her prosecution career with the Florida State Attorney's Office. In 2011, she and Jim relocated to their family farm in Pierce County. She worked briefly in private practice but missed criminal prosecution. In 2014, she became an assistant district attorney for the Brunswick Judicial Circuit. Her most recent focus has been working with women and children and prosecuting the crimes against them. Barnhill states, "We are delighted to have Marilyn come and work with us. She is an experienced trial attorney and will be a true asset to our office."
Marilyn and Jim live in Blackshear with their two daughters, Landri and Chandler. They attend First Baptist Church in Blackshear where Marilyn serves as a kindergarten Sunday School teacher.
- Judge sentences Justin Anderson to 18 months confinement in connection with Vann Brown's death
- First trial underway in death of Vann Brown
- Bond hearings held in Coffee County, several released due to not being indicted within 90 days
- Lewis pleads guilty to tampering with evidence in Vann Brown's death case
- Judge denies motion to dismiss charges for North Madison park armed robbery suspect