Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
District Attorney George E. Barnhill is pleased to announce that Marilyn P. Bennett has joined his team of assistant district attorneys for the Waycross Judicial Circuit.
Marilyn grew up in Mississippi and is a December 2008 graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. After graduation, she married Jim Bennett of Blackshear and they moved to Florida. She began her prosecution career with the Florida State Attorney's Office. In 2011, she and Jim relocated to their family farm in Pierce County. She worked briefly in private practice but missed criminal prosecution. In 2014, she became an assistant district attorney for the Brunswick Judicial Circuit. Her most recent focus has been working with women and children and prosecuting the crimes against them. Barnhill states, "We are delighted to have Marilyn come and work with us. She is an experienced trial attorney and will be a true asset to our office."
Marilyn and Jim live in Blackshear with their two daughters, Landri and Chandler. They attend First Baptist Church in Blackshear where Marilyn serves as a kindergarten Sunday School teacher.
- DA's office resolves felony cases throughout circuit
- Jason Anderson's trial postponed indefinitely due to more embracery charges
- Gov. Kemp appoints Jared Roberts as solicitor
- Jury acquits Thurman on felony charges, convicts on one misdemeanor battery charge
- Kendrick Mizell found guilty of murder, sentenced to life in prison
Latest from Submitted
- Atlanta-area man sentenced to federal prison for attempted stolen-car smuggling operation
- Cotton commission announces 2023 King Cotton Awards
- Fort Eisenhower woman indicted for murder in child's death
- Chamber of Commerce celebrates Little Free Libraries at Emma Ward, Eastside parks
- Martin Centre receives Cultural Facilities Grant