Broxton man leads officers on high speed chase, eludes arrest -- temporarily
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A Broxton man who allegedly led police on a county-wide high speed chase last Saturday escaped arrest.
On Saturday Aug. 25, multiple law enforcement agencies were involved in a high speed pursuit of a vehicle driven by 43-year-old Therios Anderson of Broxton. According to authorities, the chase went all over Coffee County and ended in Broxton. Anderson managed to elude officers that night.
On Thursday Aug. 30, Broxton police officers located Anderson, who admitted that he was the person driving the vehicle involved in the pursuit. Anderson was arrested and charged with failure to maintain lane, no tag lights, reckless driving, fleeing and attempting to elude officers, obstruction and switching a license plate with the intent to conceal identity. Anderson is currently being held at the Coffee County Jail.
- An era ends: Elmo's Bait and Tackle closes
- Broxton resident graduates from juvenile correctional officer school
- Public invited to attend 2023 Comprehensive Short Term Work Plan Update workshop
- Broxton fire leaves elderly homeowner 'with just the clothes on her back'
- Traffic stop for possible seatbelt violation leads to meth arrest
Latest from Staff Reports
- Brunel recognized at LaGrange College commencement
- Detective witnesses fight inside car, lands Fitzgerald man in jail
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
- Douglas man charged with hit and run, DUI after 'leaving the club'
- Three juveniles charged for allegedly agreeing to sell iPhones then stealing the money from potential buyers