Sgt. Christopher Cody Phillips was named Interim Chief of the Alma Police Department on Friday, August 10, 2018. Sgt. Phillips was the supervisor of the Crime Suppression Unit created by Chief Michael Leslie. Sgt. Phillips and the former Chief Michael Leslie previously worked together in the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit, a division of the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office. Sgt. Phillips has 10 years of law enforcement experience.
- One charged with trafficking methamphetamine in Bacon County
- Child found, alleged kidnapper found after Amber Alert goes out for Coffee County
- Bacon County resident cited for allegedly killing black bear out of season
- Former cop sentenced to life on kidnapping, other charges
- Stolen car alert from Coffee County leads to pair of arrests near Alma