Friday morning, May 25, at 3:32 a.m., the Alma Police Department, and the Alma-Bacon Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 803 S. Dixon St. – Merle Norman. Firefighters found the building fully-engulfed but were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Unfortunately, the fire appeared to have caused a total loss. Alma-Bacon Firefighters and the State of Georgia Fire Marshal’s Office have determined the blaze was the result of arson.
APD and the Fire Marshal’s Office have identified a person of interest. If anyone knows the whereabouts of James Lee Harrison (B/M, 41 years of age, 5”11, 160 +/- pounds) please contact the Alma Police Department at 912-632-8751, or your local law enforcement agency if outside of Alma.
Harrison is wanted on outstanding probation warrants for a 2017 investigation when APD arrested Harrison for possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of marijuana following a search warrant at a local residence in February 2017.
The Fire Marshal’s Office is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for any information which leads to the conviction of the person responsible for this crime.
- Grand jury indicts man accused of murdering stepfather
- One charged with trafficking methamphetamine in Bacon County
- South Carolina woman pleads guilty to Nicholls arson
- Taylor pleads guilty to 2019 Dollar General arson, theft
- Second suspect arrested in Deep South Farm Supply truck/trailer theft, arson