Monday evening, April 16, just before 10:30 p.m., an armed man entered Dairy Queen on N. Pierce St. in Alma yielding a handgun and demanding money. While pointing the weapon at employees and ordering them around, the gunman fired one shot inside the kitchen. The gunman then fled the scene. No one was injured and no money was taken.
Officers recovered a shell casing and the the bullet which penetrated a trashcan. The suspect was a black male of average height and weight. If anyone has any information concerning this attempted robbery, please contact the Alma Police Department at 912-632-8751.
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties
- GBI agents arrest suspect wanted in connection with armed robberies in Coffee, Atkinson counties
- Wanted fugitive from Ben Hill County apprehended in Douglas
- One charged with trafficking methamphetamine in Bacon County
- Judge denies motion to dismiss charges for North Madison park armed robbery suspect