The Douglas Police Department is looking for help in finding a 13-year-old who went missing from the local Department of Family and Children Services office over a month ago.
On March 2, 2018, Coeby Chauncey, 13, went missing or ran away from the DFACS office, according to a post on the Douglas Police Department's Facebook page. Officers contacted a family member who reported that Coeby is with family. However, the individual police spoke to denied knowing which family member he was staying with or where he was living. Thus far, no one has come forward with any further information.
Police are asking anyone who knows where he is to please contact the police department. Due to the amount of time he's been missing, investigators have a real concern regarding his safety and well-being. The Facebook post also states that anyone knowingly concealing Coeby will face criminal charges.
Police are asking anyone with any information that would assist in locating Coeby to contact the Douglas Police Department at 12-384-2222, the Tips Line at 912-260-3600 or your local 911 center. Information can also be shared on the Department’s Facebook page.
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas
- Douglas man arrested, released after allegedly hitting nephew with hatchet
- Woman arrested after allegedly cutting husband with knife, released on bond
- 27-year-old Douglas woman arrested on drug charges after passing out, sitting at gas pump for 90 minutes
Latest from Staff Reports
- Retired State Court Judge Bob Preston receives Liberty Bell Award
- Georgia lawmakers aim to take a bite out of retail sales of Delta-8 THC products statewide
- Samina Patel, junior at Georgia Tech, named one of 47 Brooke Owens Fellows
- Georgia GOP lawmaker pushes bill to protect ‘vital and precious’ Okefenokee from new mining proposals
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties
Login to post comments