Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A Coffee County inmate who was being treated at a local hospital attempted to flee from custody Tuesday morning, but was quickly apprehended by sheriff's authorities.
39-year-old Joshua Carl Parrott was being treated at Coffee Regional Medical Center for a serious medical condition when he was able to divert the attention of a Coffee County deputy and run out of the hospital. Parrott made his way to a local convenience store, where he hitched a ride from an unsuspecting citizen.
Coffee County authorities were given a description of the vehicle and were able to conduct a traffic stop within a matter of minutes, taking Parrott into custody.
Parrott is currently awaiting trial on charges of murder, aggravated assault, poss. of a weapon while committing a crime, and theft by taking. He now faces an additional charge of escape.
- Foot chase leads to methamphetamine arrest
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
- Officers arrest, charge nine with DUI and other related offenses last week
- A cracked windshield leads to methamphetamine arrest