A Coffee County inmate who was being treated at a local hospital attempted to flee from custody Tuesday morning, but was quickly apprehended by sheriff's authorities.
39-year-old Joshua Carl Parrott was being treated at Coffee Regional Medical Center for a serious medical condition when he was able to divert the attention of a Coffee County deputy and run out of the hospital. Parrott made his way to a local convenience store, where he hitched a ride from an unsuspecting citizen.
Coffee County authorities were given a description of the vehicle and were able to conduct a traffic stop within a matter of minutes, taking Parrott into custody.
Parrott is currently awaiting trial on charges of murder, aggravated assault, poss. of a weapon while committing a crime, and theft by taking. He now faces an additional charge of escape.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Man taken back to jail two days after being released on bond